"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature." -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something random to get this blog started!

Harry Potter Saved My Life

Ever since I was six years old, I've been reading the Harry Potter series. In these nine years since, I've found myself get quite attached to the characters, setting, and books themselves. They are most important to me because thanks to J.K. Rowling, I have been inspired to start writing myself.
Fred and George are my favorite characters!! ^^
I have always thoroughly enjoyed reading. I spend whatever free time I have curled up with a good book, oblivious to the world around me. I get so much joy from every book I read, and I thought that I would like to give some of that joy to others in my own words; through my own writing.
I first looked toward J.K. Rowling's books for ideas and began to write Harry Potter fanfiction. Fanfiction is about taking another author's story or characters and making up your own plot around it. Harry Potter, being the most popular category for the "books" section of fanfiction.net (as well as my favorite book series), seemed like a good place to start.
Though I only recently started writing HP fanfiction, it is clear that it is something that I can enjoy doing for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment